At the first step we advise you to rename your current theme folder to something like: …/wp-content/themes/dt-THEME_NAME-old/. It will help you to save custom changes of the template.
At the next stage you need to install the theme in the usual way.
- Select “Static CSS” option in Theme Options >> Misc (for Nimble, PressMate and PurePress themes).
- Install cache plugin.
- If possible, decrease size of your images.
- Deactivate needless plugins.
- Decrease number of items (portfolios, albums, catalogs, photos) per page.
Remember you can choose which one of them will be set as the Homepage one by following: Dashboard >> Settings >> Reading >> Front page displays >> A static page (select below) >> Front page
- open “functions PHP”
- navigate to line 765
- change the “dt_validate_gravatar( $comment->comment_author_email )” to “1 || dt_validate_gravatar( $comment->comment_author_email )”
Note 2 things:
- It’s huge, so we cannot guarantee you’ll be able to install it.
- Images on demo are copyrighted and you cannot use them without purchasing proper licenses.
So in order to update theme, you need to:
- backup your current theme folder;
- rename/delete older version of theme;
- install newest version of theme.
- make sure you have the most recent theme version: http://support.dream-theme.com/knowledgebase/update-theme/;
- follow Theme Options >> General >> Title >> Breadcrumbs.
Didn’t find the answer?
- Thanks for the fast friendly service and advice you have always provided over the past 5 years I’ve been dealing with you.Diana Red